Login procedures have been improved. Check this page for details.
Please leave any comments regarding the project on the discussion page, thank you!
Student at South Westphalia University of Applied Sciences, Germany.
Using Qt for:
- Basic Networking (TCP/IP)
- GUI Elements
- OpenSSL Encryption
as needed for most of our university courses :)
Video Knowledge Database for Rural Communities.
Introduction to my project see: Project Description (English).
Project Plan is currently just brainstorming... (so don't take that for real)
- Port Web-Service to Raspberry Pi Linux
- Test Java for ARM
- Test Apache or other webserver for static content
- Rewrite non working parts in Qt maybe?
- Creation of a mobile Web-Application to access the video platform
- Viewing of videos (flash? ... other methods to access video data)
- Uploading of videos (direct upload of recorded videos - currently not user friendly)
- Sharing of videos with other villagers
- Try to run Raspi on Battery / Solar Panel 
- Test wireless capabilities? (e.g. networking / mesh networks?)
- Stress Tests
- Multiple connections at once (Processor fast enough to serve small village?!)
- Video encoding...